Sunday, November 25, 2007

of death...

i imagine myself on ma deathbed,
lost in some beautiful dream,
when death woke me up,
i wished i cud sleep a lil more ,
to dream more,
to colour the landscapes that i saw,
to make the rains more fervent,
to strall the sands once more,
but death wouldn wait.

i wud ask it to wait till my garden was bloom,
i cud see the angelic butterflies wing through the plants i watered,
i cud see them pollinating my flowers,
i cud see love usher in my garden,
i cud see those leaves fallin,
but it wudn wait.

i wud ask it to wait till i cud revisit my past;
i wud remember the days when dad wud bring me chocolates;
when mom wud dress me up;
the man with whom i fell in love;
kisses of passion exchanged;
the son that i bore;
death wud drag me down the memory alley before i cud relish them;

on my flight back to deadman's land,
i wud bid adieu to all that was mine;
i wud ask my son to water my garden;
i wud ask my garden to flower a hundred;
i wud wish it rains for my son forever;
i wud be dead before i complete my prayer;
frozen and still;vacant and vapid;
i wud be dead and nothing more

No comments: